Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pink Nimbus

Two days of Nailasaurus-inspired manis in a row?  Yes, but with all the awesomeness going on over there, you really can't blame me.  This nail art technique has been on my to-try list for ages, ever since the tutorial was posted in October last year.  Took me long enough!  


I started with a base of two coats of LaCC 1992, and then dotted on my polishes darkest to lightest with a q-tip dipped in acetone.  The polishes in the order I dotted them are as follows: LaCC 1950, piCture pOlish Pirouette, piCture pOlish Fairy Floss, and LaCC 1992.  It's all topped off with a coat of LaCC 2013 top coat. 


Along with the fact that this is ridiculously easy, it's named Nimbus nail art!  I know it's supposed to be another word for halo, but in my mind it's definitely related to Harry Potter.  No doubt.  

These nails were slightly out of the norm for me with the abundance of pink and girly-ness, and I definitely think I would be better suited to this look in a purple scheme.  However, I did really have fun wearing this and actually spruced it up even more with some stamping which I'll show you tomorrow!  ;)  

What do you think of this look?  Have you tried this nail art technique yet?  

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...