Monday, April 07, 2014

My Neighbour Totoro

Totoro nail art has been on my to-do list for a very long time, ever since I saw this post by Coewless Polish.  One day last month I had time to do some more time-intensive nail art, so I finally sat down and got to it!


In no way will I ever be as skilled at freehand as Coewless Polish (seriously, if you haven't seen her freehand work you're missing out!) so I simplified the mani a little bit.  

My middle and ring fingers started with two coats of Zoya Dove.  I freehanded Totoro and the dust spirits with acrylic paint using nail art brushes and dotting tools. 


On my index finger I'm wearing two easy coats of piCture pOlish Pirouette topped with a black stud from Born Pretty Store.  My pinky is one coat of Zoya Dove underneath two coats of Wonder Beauty Products Steel Magnolia, a glitter mix which I thought pulled together the other colours perfectly!  


I was absolutely in love with the charm of this mani - and all my Japanese friends in my class went crazy over it, haha!!  I'm really glad I finally decided to do this nail art, I'm so happy with how it turned out!  What do you think?  Leave a comment!  :)

12 comments:

  1. So cute! And that glitter mix is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond fun! You always do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Totoro! One of my favorite movies when I was growing up! :) These make me very happy lol. I could never get tired of that movie. Awesome job on the sprites and Totoro himself. Lately I've been seeing shows mimicking Totoro and today I see your nail art :D It's a sign, I must watch it again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read More Here Louis Vuitton replica Bags take a look at the site here buy replica bags online have a peek at these guys replica bags china

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fantastic read see this important link Go Here check out the post right here Loewe Dolabuy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...