Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Studs

Just a quick post right now since I'm on a break at school, with two more looks I did recently.

Here is Revlon Popular that I picked up last week along with Whimsical.  This is two coats layered over one coat of Essie Limo-Scene.  In retrospect, I probably didn't need a base colour.  Popular is medium silver hex glitter and silver micro glitter in a baby pink base.  It goes on very easily, and the glitter spreads evenly.

On each nail I brushed on a little Seche Vite where I wanted the studs, and then I placed them with tweezers.  I topped it with 2 more coats of Seche Vite.  I'm still not sure whether to call these studs or rhinestones... I really liked this but unfortunately I only got to wear it for one day because I was smart and did it the day before a dance competition.


Next I've got some nail art I did for a contest on Instagram.  This was my first attempt at doing galaxy nails, and I was really happy with how they turned out, though they did take longer than I'd care to admit.  The pictures don't do it justice, they looked much prettier in real life. 


I started with 2 coats of OPI Black Cherry Chutney, my go-to vampy shade.  Then I sponged on SH Xtreme Wear White On, followed by SH HD LaserSH Xtreme Wear Mint SorbetSH Xtreme Wear Lacey LilacOrly Prelude To A KissThe Colour Workshop (unnamed sparkles), and SH Nail Prisms Pink Rose Diamond.
  
Yes, I own two vintage Sally Hansen Prisms, one of which I used in this.  I got them before started collecting polish and was barely even interested.  Now I'm very happy to have them.  

I attached the star studs the same way as the ones before.  Topped it off with 2 coats of Seche Vite.   

Instagram effect

That's all for right now, but I'm also writing a guest post on a new mani I've done for the lovely Alexis, so stay tuned for more on that soon!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...