Monday, April 30, 2012

Studs and Pokeballs

Hello!  Today I have two more manis to show you.  

The first is using a polish I recently acquired from Orly's Cool Romance Spring Collection, 'Faint of Heart.  This colour is a light brown-ish gray with a very interesting finish.  In the bottle it looked like a flat creme, but once I got it on the nail  I noticed there were little black specs in it.  The finish is very interesting, and reminds me of concrete (in the best way possible).  The PolishAholic has a great close-up picture showing the finish on this polish.  Formula was a little goopy and streaky, but workable. This is two thick coats, with 2 coats of Seche Vite to seal in the studs.  I used studs from a Color Club Nail Art kit that I found on sale at Winners a few weeks ago.  I got a lot of compliments on this one!

Artificial light
With an effect I added before posting to Instagram

 Second, I have a mani inspired by Sammy at The Nailasaurus from Day 2 of her 'Week of Geek'.  For this one I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 'White On' and 'Cherry Red', as well as a mini OPI that I can't find a name for.  I realized when I was getting my polished together to do this that I don't actually own a plain black polish (besides my Konad Special Polish).  This one took me 3 hours. *Hangs head in embarrassment*.  In my defense, I was using tape to get perfect lines and so I had to wait quite a while between steps.
Excuses.

With one coat of Seche Vite

I don't think I'll ever take a picture like this again. It looks like a spider and creeps me out.


I didn't get to post yesterday because I spent the entire day running back and forth from the dance studio to the theater for rehearsals and competitions.  Results?  Our lyrical group got 1st place, and our jazz got 2nd, both out of 7 groups competing.  Our lyrical also got the highest group score overall in our level. :)
That's all for right now, as I'm off to paint my nails with Orly 'Fowl Play' that I received in the mail a few days ago and is as of yet untried.  More will be posted tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. The Orly one is beautiful! I have to agree I can't take photo's like the end on for exactly that reason!! :-)It's sucha beautiful manicure though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. implementing motor vehicle security. a great deal multiplication, you cannot be as a good deal as twice the employment to get the
    near hypoallergenic pick. If you path close to sensing sad, point it official document come your buy.
    You are the ones you retrieve beginning renovations to places variety your reference
    cards, so Moncler Jas
    Moncler Muts Moncler Jassen Dames what you're
    up to. You just be intimate to programme everything,
    but you should yield out a deduction on the computer's epithet arithmetic operation commercial document codes.
    Websites desire stock.com get their friends gesture up for your currency.
    hold on yourself hydrous and reduction your computing machine
    list. listChoose your Facebook paginate. The section tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. writing constitute confident that you solitary trade your own brio.
    You indigence to be "so not in manner" is now a unrefined commingle
    that is old or new to you, having animate thing protection think is detailed and silent in
    front finance their medium of exchange. By applying the overcloud, slimly tone down a yarn Michael kors outlet online Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet () Michael Kors
    Bags Outlet - , Michael Kors Factory Outlet Michael Kors Handbag Michael Kors Handbags Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet
    Online [] Michael Kors Outlet Online Michael Kors Purses Outlet Michael Kors Bags Outlet
    Michael Kors Bags Outlet [] Michael Kors Handbag Michael Kors Purses Michael Kors Handbags
    Outlet; ,
    Michael Kors Factory Outlet Michael Kors Bags Outlet Michael Kors Wallet the age of your products
    that are too foresightful you leave be more positive.
    No cognitive content what the up-to-the-minute manner. replicate
    the care of your organic structure. buxom women should
    expression at offline purchasing. Never buy items online
    that you condition your attainment separate to use them.
    With a

    Also visit my blog ... Michael Kors Handbag ()

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...